DEPARTMENT OF BANDS
This page will provide you with full-length audio samples of various recordings done by the YSU Marching Pride, Chamber Winds, Concert Band, and Wind Ensemble! This page will be constantly updated. . . CHECK BACK FOR MORE SOON!
FOR A COMPLETE DISCOGRAPHY OF THE YSU BANDS, SCROLL DOWN!
The YSU Wind Ensemble regularly produces the highest quality recordings of both the classics of the wind band, and the most recent compositions.
These recordings can be purchased by calling the YSU Band Office at (330) 941.1832, or by direct link found through iTunes!
LIONS AND JESTERS AND DRAGONS, OH MY!
1. Tam O'Shanter Overture - Arnold, arr. Paynter
2-7. Enigma Variations - Elgar, arr. Slocum
8. Daniel in the Lions Den - McBeth
9. Terpsichore - Margolis
10-12. Year of the Dragon - Sparke (Performed by the YSU Concert Band)
13. Dance of the Jesters - Tchaikovsky, arr. Cramer
1. Symphony No 4. in F: IV Finale - Tchaikovsky, arr. Brooks
2-5. Symphony for Band - Persichetti
6. Spin Cycle - Lindroth
7. Urban Requiem - Colgrass
8. Reactions for Drum Set and Wind Ensemble - Morgan
1. Carnival Overture - Dvorak, arr. Walker
2. Short Ride in a Fast Machine - Adams, arr. Odoms
3-8. Lincolnshire Posy - Grainger, ed. Fennell
9. Concerto for Alto Saxophone and Wind Ensemble - Shrude
10-13. More Old Wine in New Bottles - Jacob
14. Tuxedo - Meyn
15-18. Symphonic Dances from "West Side Story" - Bernstein, arr. Polster
19. Nobles of the Mystic Shrine - Sousa
1. Spin Cycle - Lindroth
2. Introduction and Rondo - Capriccioso for Flute, Clarinet
and Wind Orchestra - Saint-Saëns, arr. Lee Brooks:
3. October - Whitacre
4. Urban Requiem - Colgrass
5. Overture on Russian and Kirghiz Folk Songs - Shostakovich, arr. Duker
This album is also available on
Department of University Bands
Dana School of Music
Youngstown State University
One University Plaza
Youngstown, Ohio 44555